Location : India ,Haryana
Overall Rating :
A budding educational venture by the eminent GD Goenka Group, GD Goenka University in Gurgaon is where education meets passion. Offering an expansive range of programs from diplomas to doctorates across various disciplines, the University aims at introducing students to world-class education, equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills so that they excel in whichever discipline they choose. As one of the emerging private universities in Delhi NCR, GD Goenka University follows an interdisciplinary research-based teaching, under the able guidance of exceptionally qualified faculty members from recognized universities in India and abroad. In collaborations with top global educational institutions and industry leaders, we also offer exchange programs, summer internships, joint research and placement to the students. National and international conferences, workshops, guest lectures, exhibitions and seminars are all an integral part of our education system. Furthermore, this Gurugram-based University has been equipped with Wi-Fi enabled air-conditioned campuses, top-notch infrastructure, hi-tech laboratories and rich libraries, to make learning an enriching experience for the students.
The University might be at a young stage, however the GD Goenka Group, is a leading educational setup driven by a passion for excellence in education and quality in life, where Globalization and Internationalization are the buzz words.
Apart from the 10-Schools, the University has also established 5-centers:
- GD Goenka Technology Business Incubator (GDGTBI) provides the means & resources to the budding entrepreneurs to help them develop truly innovative technology and business ideas into ventures with potential to impact the lives of people, and help realize so far unfulfilled needs.
- GD Goenka International Center (GDGIC) has been established to accelerate the internationalization efforts of the University, in terms of collaborating with foreign universities to facilitate international programs and also to provide guidance and assistance to foreign students on campus.
- GD Goenka Research and Development Center (GDGRDC) has been established to promote collaborative and interdisciplinary research among faculty members, research scholars and students. The center has already been awarded funded projects worth more than Rs. 7-million from Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- GD Goenka Centre for Leadership and Social Responsibility (GDGCLSR) plans and implements initiative by the University in the service of the various communities and the society, of which we are an integral part.
- GD Goenka Corporate Resource Centre (GDGCRC) has been established to provide assistance related to industrial training and placements to the students.
The salient features of GD Goenka University include the following:
- Inter-disciplinary Project-based teaching-learning pedagogy: The University follows interdisciplinary research-based teaching-learning pedagogy where students are encouraged to take learning from the level of Remembering to Creating. All students are exposed to project work from the very first semester through a 3 credit course called Inter-Disciplinary Project where students from various fields, skill sets, and perspectives get together and work on providing solutions for a real-world problem. This inculcates qualities such as leadership, teamwork, research abilities, time management, and communication skills.
- Qualified and dedicated faculty members: The faculty members are highly qualified and handpicked from the top institutions from India and abroad such as IITs, IISc, MDI, FMS, Iowa State University USA, KTH Sweden, University of Sydney Australia, University of Manitoba Canada, Technical University of Clausthal Germany, Florida University USA, University of Wisconsin USA, Carnegie Melon USA, Barcelona Institute of Architecture Spain to name a few. They have rich research experience and international exposure.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure: GD Goenka University has state-of-the-art infrastructure, salubrious, air-conditioned and well-maintained Wi-Fi enabled campuses, well-equipped libraries and hi-tech laboratories. The residential facilities are world-class and students have access to half an Olympic size swimming pool, gym with the latest equipment, and squash courts in the ultra-modern fitness center.
- Strong industry interface: There is a strong industry institution integration. The University offers specialized programs in association with Industry leaders such as IBM, KPMG, NDTV, Dassault Systems, and many more. Through these collaborations, the students gain exposure to the latest trends and technologies being used in the industry, which enhances the employability of the students.
- Active international collaborations: Effective international collaborations with top universities and institutions from all over the world facilitate student & faculty exchange, semester abroad programs, summer school & internships, and joint research & development activities. Renowned institutions such as Politecnico De Milano Italy, Le Cordon Bleu Australia, Purdue University USA are just some of the many international partners of the University in their respective specialized domains.
- Excellent placement support: The University offers excellent placement support through its Corporate Resource Centre. Industries like IBM, Siemens, Sapient, Essar Group, JBM, NIIT, Idea Cellular, HDFC, Marriott International, ITC, Wizcraft, etc. have been some of the prominent recruiters, which offered campus placements to the students of GD Goenka University.
- Conferences, workshops, guest lectures: Apart from lectures and laboratories, there are various other academic activities such as national/international conferences, project exhibitions, workshops, guest lectures, seminars etc. to provide networking opportunities and advanced skill sets to the students. Annual international conferences like RESET and IC3TSN (by SoE), GDGU-ICON (by SoM), AGORA (by SoAP), CODE (by SoFD), GDGU-iCAP (by SoHSS), iHOST (by SoH) and Media Clave (by SoC) along with events like Moot Court Competition (by SoL), SPEED (inter-university engineering project competition by SoE), Elixir (a case conclave by SoM), Udyami Bazaar and IDEA (by GDGTBI), etc. have become a brand in itself thus attracting a large number of researchers, academicians, and entrepreneurs from India and abroad.
- Vibrant campus life: The campus life at GD Goenka University is vibrant and buzzing with activities like sports meet (SPORTOPIA), annual techno-cultural fest (ACCELERON), and business idea pitch competition ensuring the students’ holistic development.
AWARDS AND HONORS
In a little over three years, the University has created a significant position for itself and has become a preferred destination for students and scholars from across India and abroad. UGC recognition was given to us in the second year of its existence thus making it one of the youngest universities to achieve this feat. The University was ranked best emerging University and conferred Rajeev Gandhi Excellence Award, the Education Post-ASSOCHAM Excellence Award, Edutainment Award and Skill-Tree Great Place to Study Award at the House of Commons in London. Times ranked our School of Engineering as 3rd best-emerging engineering institution of the country in 2015. GD Goenka University was profiled as Thought Leader in Higher Education by Forbes magazine. In 2017, the University has been ranked as No. 1 Private University in North India by ASSOCHAM India, 2nd best emerging Engineering Institution across India by Times Survey and 3rd best BBA Institute by Times B School Survey.
Applications are reviewed for basic eligibility, academic performance, and other evidence of the candidate’s suitability to his/her preferred program The admissions committee responds within 12 working days of receipt of the application and sends:
- A confirmed admission offer, or
- A request for an additional written test and/or interview in case the admissions committee feels it needs additional information on the applicant, or
- A note of regret, in case admission is declined
All decisions are communicated via +e-mail. Please check your e-mail (as provided in the application form) for our response. When admission is offered to successful applicants, the e-mail is also followed by an official offer of admission, sent via courier.
APPLICATION PROCESS for International Students
STEP1 Fill the application form
STEP2 Fill the complete personal & academic information after filling up online application form which will be required for further communication with the university.
STEP3 After the eligibility verification by the university, an offer letter (Conditional / Unconditional) shall be issued and sent to your registered email id.
STEP4 Once you receive the offer letter, make the payment as prescribed in the offer letter by bank transfer/ wire transfer/ online payment and submit the receipt along with your details.
STEP5 After the confirmation of the fees received by the University accounts, an Acceptance letter ( visa letter) and a bonafide letter will be issued which is required to apply for the Student Visa at the nearest Indian Embassy/ High Commission in your home country. Kindly read the important information as mentioned in the acceptance letter for your post-arrival requirements.
Hostel Fee Structure For Domestic Students - Session of 2020-2021
|Types of Room
|Bunk Bed Premier
|Bunk Bed General
Hostel Fee Structure For International Students - Session of 2020-2021
|Types of Room
||US $ 4230
|Fitness Club Membership
Currently there are no scholarships available.
Read More About India