Social media
Contact information


+91 844 844 9976


+91 9800897000

TAFE International Western Australia



AC Rating







Location : Australia ,Perth

Overall Rating :

TAFE stands for​ Technical and Further Education. TAFE colleges are located throughout Western Australia and are government backed and guaranteed. TAFE International Western Australia colleges offer a wide range of employment focused courses, modern facilities and excellent pathways to university programs.

Why study at TAFE International Western Australia?

Government owned and operated ​
TAFE offers high quality nationally recognised courses for international students and is government backed and guaranteed.

Pathways to university
TAFE offers programs that have flexible entry requirements and provide opportunities for further study at university.

Large course selection
You can choose from more than 250 courses to study at locations throughout metropolitan Perth and regional Western Australia.

Modern facilities
TAFE colleges have modern facilities designed to closely replicate real work environments.

Practical workplace skills
TAFE qualifications provide you with practical skills and industry training that gives you skills employers need.

Value for m​oney
You will receive high quality training and support at an affordable cost.



Find the admission requirements for your country ​

  • If you have completed the equivalent of Australian Year 10 or 11, you will most likely begin your studies at Certificate III level
  • If you have completed the equivalent of Australian Year 12, you may start at Certificate IV or Diploma level
  • Each industry area is different so please refer to the specific course information 
Country ​Year 10/11 Equivalent ​​Year 12 Equivalent English Equivalent


​Education Polimodal (General Education or Integrated technical education) / General
​bachillerato school/technical and specialised school
​Bachillerato/Tecnico de Nivel Medio/Bachillerato Especializado


​Secondary School Certificate – pass
​​​Higher Secondary Certificate (minimum GPA 3.5
60% in HSC first division pass ) GCE A-Level (2 subject passes)

​- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.5) direct entry.

- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.0) - course will be packaged with 10 weeks ELICOS prior to entry.


​Bhutan Middle Secondary School Certificate ​Bhutan Higher Secondary School Certificate  
Middle Secondary School Certificate plus 2 year relevant vocational diploma

​- IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.0) direct entry.

- IELTS score of overall less than 5.5 or any band score less than 5.0 will not be accepted.


Certificado de Ensio Medio ​Certificado de Ensio Medio  from 2011 (year 12 equivalent)
** Certificado de Ensio Medio  plus 1 year Diploma or Higher  qualification (pre 2011)


​​Educacion Media Educacion Media (Year 12 equivalent)
Licencia de Educacion Media Tecnico-Profesional or Tecnico


​Senior Secondary School Year 1 (Year 10 equivalent)

Senior Secondary School Year 2 (Year 11 equivalent)

​Senior Secondary Certificate (Senior School Year 3)



​Bachillerato Upper Secondary Schooling (Year 11 equivalent) ​Bachillerato plus Curso Tecnico or 1 year Diploma or Higher qualification
​Secundari Basica/Basic Secondary (Completion of Year 11) ​Diploma de Bachiller en Ciencias y Letras/Título de Bachiller (nivel medio superior de la Education General Politecnica Laboral)
- Certificado de Fin de Estudios Secundarias/Técnico Medio/Maestro Primario, etc. (Certificado de Fin de Estudios Secundarias)


​Upper Secondary School Certificate ​Baccalaaureat


​Realshule or Hauptschule ​Gymnasium

Hong Kong

​Secondary 4 or Secondary 5 or
Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE)
​Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) or Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) ​All courses:
HKCEE: D Grade



​- State Education Boards 65% overall across all academic subjects.*

- Central Board Secondary Education (CBSE) with 60% average overall across all academic subjects.

- Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) with 60% average overall across all academic subjects.

* TAFE International Western Australia does not accept results from some State  Education Boards.

- Diploma qualifications: Average mark of 60% or above, should be VITC recognised and of 2-3 years duration.

​- IELTS 6.0 overall (no band less than 5.5) direct entry.

- IELTS 6.0 overall (no band less than 5.0) - course will be packaged with ten weeks ELICOS prior to entry.


Diploma di scuola secondaria di primo grado
Diploma di Qualifica
​Diploma di Scuola Superiore
Diploma di Maturità


​Secondary School:SMU 3 or SMK 3 ​Senior Secondary School Certificate of
Completion (ijazah/STTB SMA/STTB SMK/STTB MA)


​Completion of Kotogakko Year 1 Lower Secondary Leaving Certificate ​Kotogakko  Shomeisho / Upper Secondary School Certificate


​​Completion of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with C average or A- Level (2 subject passes) or A level  (1 A and 2 AS level passes) or International Baccalaureate Diploma ​KCSE pass or GCE O-Level ( 4 subject passes)​

Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses: Kenyan KCSE English C; Associate Degree /Other courses that require IELTS 6.0 or 6.5: Kenyan KCSE English B​


SPM or (4 subject passes) in O-Level (D Grade or Higher) or Senior Middle 2 ​STPM (2 subject passes) or GCE A- Levels (2 subject passes) or UEC (2B's and 2C's in academic) ​Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses:
A or B in Malaysian SPM
C Grade in 1119 English
Associate Degree /Other courses that require IELTS 6.0 or 6.5:
A in Malaysian SPM


​​GCE O-level  (4 subject passes) ​GCE A-Levels (2 subject passes) or A level (1 A and 2 AS level passes)


Matriculation/Basic Education High School (BEHS) (Completion of Year 10 or Year 11) 45% or higher​
or GCE O - Level (4 subject passes)
(DIBP requires completion of Year 11)
​Matriculation/Basic Education High School (BEHS) plus minimum completed 2 years at Professional College or Secondary Technical College
or GCE A- Level (2 subject passes)  or A level (1 A and 2 AS level passes)


​Higher Secondary Education Board
Certificate (Grade 12)
(Minimum 60% overall )
​Higher Secondary Education Board
Certificate (Grade 12)
(Minimum 60% overall)

​- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.5) direct entry.

- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.0) - course will be packaged with 10 weeks ELICOS prior to entry

Nigeria ​Senior Secondary School (WAEC/NECO) examinations – pass grade ​Senior Secondary School (WAEC/NECO) examinations (5 subjects passes C grade average)


​Higher Secondary School Certificate/
Intermediate Certificate
(55% overall minimum)
​Higher Secondary School (Intermediate)
(55% overall minimum)

Certificate Diploma (Polytechnic/Vocational)

​- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.5) direct entry.

- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.0) - course will be packaged with 10 weeks ELICOS prior to entry.

​Secundaria / Education Secundaria (Completion of Year 11) ​Secundaria / Education Secundaria (Completion of Year 11) plus a Technical Diploma or entrance to University


High School Diploma or National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) (DIBP requires completion of Year 11) ​High School Diploma/Certificate of Graduation and completed first year university at a recognised tertiary institution
or 2 Years Community College
or 2 Years Technician Training Institute


​GCE 0-Levels (4 subject passes D grade or higher) GCE A-Levels (2 subject passes)

South Africa

​National Senior Certificate / Senior
Certificate Year 11/10
​National Senior Certificate (Year12)
Senior Certificate (Year 12)
A Level 2 Passes International Baccalaureate Diploma

South Korea

​11 years of school/10 years of school ​General/Academic Senior High School Certificate/Diploma (Kodung Hakkyo Choreupchang)

Sri Lanka

​GCE 0 levels (4 subject passes) ​Sri Lankan GCE A-Level (3 passes)
British GCE A-Level (2 passes)

​- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.5) direct entry.

- IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) overall (no band less than 5.0) - course will be packaged with 10 weeks ELICOS prior to entry.


​Senior High School (1st or 2nd Year) ​Senior High School Diploma or Senior Vocational School Diploma


​Upper Secondary School (Matayom 5/ Matayom 4) ​Upper Secondary School (Matayom 6 or Certificate in Vocational School)


​GCE O-Level (4 subject passes) GCE A-Levels (2 subject passes)


​Educacion Media (10 years of secondary schooling minimum) ​Educacion Media – Academic or Tecnico (Medio)


​Upper Secondary schooling (Year 10 or 11 equivalent)
​Diploma of General Education
or Vocational Education Graduation Diploma
or​ Vocational Training Diploma


ZSC Year 12 (4 passes)
GCE O Level (4 passes)

ZSC Year 12 (5 subject passes C grade or better)
A Level (2 subject passes) or A level 1 A and 2 AS level passes or Diploma in relevant area (1 year minimum)


​ZGCE O Level (4 subject passes)​ ​A Level 2 passes or (1 A and 2 AS level passes) or International Baccalaureate Diploma    

Please note that entrance may also be possible for mature age students, without the grades listed above, based on appropriate work experience.


Accommodation During Your Studies

There are a variety of accommodation options available to international students studying in Western Australia including:

  • Temporary Accommodation

  • Rental Accommodation

  • Campus Living Villages

  • Homestay

Be sure to arrive well in advance of your course commencing to secure good accommodation, as per the date stated on your student visa.

Temporary Accommodation:Temporary accommodation may be a good option for when you first arrive in Western Australia. There is a range of tempo​rary accommodation on offer in Perth, which you can search for through the internet and book online. There are many backpacker hostels or budget hotels to choose from that range from $30–$150 AUD per night depending on whether you require shared or single rooms.

Rental Accommodation: Many students choose to share a rental house or apartment with other students as this reduces costs. The average rental price for a furnished room in share accommodation is around $150 per week but can range from $120–$180 per week. This cost does not usually include electricity, water or gas. Some useful websites to search for rental accommodation are:

You can also look in local newspapers such as The West Australian or The Sunday Times, where a large range of rentals are advertised. The International Student Centre at your college may be able to provide assistance in identifying suitable accommodation in one of the local suburbs.

Accommodation Checklist

  • Make sure you have read and understood the terms and conditions of any tenancy agreement before you sign

  • If you pay a security deposit, make sure you obtain a receipt

Campus Living Villages :Accommodation is available to TAFE international students on several different university campus locations in the Perth metropolitan area, and regional Western Australia.​Please note this accommodation is only available to students over 18 years old. The prices listed below are for 2016 and are subject to annual review.

Edith Cowan University (ECU) Village, Mount Lawley- The Edith Cowan University (ECU) Village Mt Lawley is a short distance from the North Metropolitan TAFE Mount Lawley campus. The ECU Village is 10 minutes by bus from the centre of Perth and transport to other TAFE campus locations. Rooms start from $197.50 per person per week. ​​Please note that the ECU Campus Village is located at ECU, not North Metropolitan TAFE.

Murdoch University Village, Murdoch- The Murdoch University Village is located only 1km from the South Metropolitan TAFE Murdoch campus. Rooms start from $168 per person per week.​​​Please note that the Murdoch University Village is located at Murdoch University, not South Metropolitan TAFE.

Regional Accommodation- The regional TAFE Institutes that offer on-campus student accommodation include the Central Regional TAFE at Pepperell Village, and South Regional TAFE at theECU Student Village Bunbury. Rooms start from $183.50 per person per week.​

Homestay :Homestay allows students to live with an Australian family. This is very popular because you can make Australian friends, embrace the Australian lifestyle and improve your English. Homestay costs between $275-$310 per week, depending on your age and level of service provided. There is also a Homestay placement fee of $250. Bookings must be made at least two weeks in advance. Late bookings will incur additional fees.

Homestay options are:

  • Full service: $310 per week, includes 3 meals per day

  • Half service: $275 per week, includes 2 meals per day

The fee also includes laundry, snacks, electricity and gas. For students over the age of 18 you may wish to consider a four week short homestay to transition into your local area and college. For more information about Homestay and to make a booking, contact Australian Homestay Network (AHN) at Please note: Homestay accommodation is only available in the metropolitan area. Regional placements will only be considered where a parent nominated homestay can be arranged.

Airport Transfer

Airport pickup can be arranged at a cost of $130. Students will be taken directly to their homestay family or temporary accommodation. Please contact AHN to organise thi​s service. A taxi from the airport to central Perth costs approximately $50. An airport bus ($20) is also available and can drop passengers at central city hotels. Please note:  Airport pick up is compulsory for students under 18.

Useful links

Search for houses to rent in Perth and Western Austra​lia.

Find rooms available for rent in Perth.​

Search the many inexpensive hostels located across Perth.

Search for short-term accommodation​​ options in Perth.​u

Search local advertisements for second hand furniture, cars, jobs and real estate.

Find accommodation and flatmates

The Department of Commerce, Consumer Protection unit provides information for Western Australian rental tenants including when things go wrong.

Disclaimer: The information and contacts provided by TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) are to assist you in your search for accommodation and provide you with details of the services you may require. The information provided is compiled in good faith, and is intended as a guide only. TIWA may not investigate the content of any information provided and does not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend the accuracy of the information or necessarily subscribe to any such opinions or recommendations. TIWA does not profit in any way or sponsor any of the contacts listed, they are provided solely as a convenience to you.

Frequently asked questions

Q: Can I live on campus?

A: TAFE international students over 18 years old can apply to stay in accommodation at university student villages in Mount Lawley, Murdoch (metropolitan area) or Bunbury (South Metropolitan TAFE). View a full list of your accommodation options. If studying at a metropolitan college we recommend that you book temporary accommodation for the first few weeks or homestay accommodation for the first month after arrival.

Q: How can I become an Australia Homestay Network (AHN) host family?

A: Information about becoming an AHN host can be found on the Australian Homestay Network website.

Q: How much will I have to pay for accommodation?

A:Accommodation costs vary depending on your circumstances. A single student in shared accommodation should budget between $120 to $180 per week. There are a number of websites that may be helpful in selecting accommodation ( and Homestay accommodation costs $275 to $310 per week, please refer to our homestay provider Australian Homestay Network (AHN) for more information.

Q: What accommodation options do I have in Perth?

A: There is a range of accommodation options in Perth. Temporary accommodation offered in Perth includes hostel, backpacker lodges and serviced apartments. Many students choose to rent an apartment or house with other students. If you are concerned about signing a contract or rental agreements please speak to your International Coordinator at your college. TAFE international students over 18 years old can apply to stay in accommodation at university student villages in Mount Lawley, Murdoch (metropolitan area) or Bunbury (South West). Another popular choice is homestay accommodation, where you live with a local family and have most of your meals included.

Q: Will my belongings be insured at the homestay?

A: Yes, Australia Homestay Network (AHN) has comprehensive compulsory homestay insurance cover which means that students personal effects are covered while living with an accredited AHN Host family. Full details of the insurance policy can be found on AHN website.


No Reviews Found


Currently there are no scholarships available.

Read More About Australia

Request to Call Back